June 25th, 2010 by autoloanfinance
Private party auto loans are useful for people who want to purchase a used vehicle from an independent entity instead of going to a dealership. One of the salient advantages is that one is not limited to a particular dealership, so there is a larger range of car models to choose from.
The loan is somewhat different from the traditional auto loans, but the application procedure remains more or less the same. Basic steps remain the same like checking oneâs credit, getting quotes from lenders, and placing a request.
Certain prequalification requisites for private party car loans are as follows:
- The loan amount will vary somewhere between $7,500 and $75,000
- Typically, the repayment time period usually ranges from 1 to 4 years
- The car model has to be of 2003 or later
- The vehicle should not have covered more than 80,000 miles
- The borrower’s monthly income should be at least $2,000
- The borrower’s credit score should be above 600 points
- People with credit issues like bankruptcy, repossession, and liens in the past 3 years cannot qualify
These are a few guidelines to fetch the most reasonable private party car loan.
- Get a record of your credit report from TransUnion, Equifax, or Experian a couple of months prior to applying for the loan. Carefully study the report, and rectify any mistakes that are present. This may take a few months. So, it is advisable to check the credit report at least 2 to 3 months before placing the loan application. Plus, the borrower can know their credit standing in the market. If one’s scores are too low, it is recommended to push the car purchase by a few months, and build good credit meanwhile. This can enable the buyer to get a cost-effective auto loan for private party purchase.
- Do some groundwork and obtain quotes from multiple lenders. Online websites can quite useful in this regard. Submit one simple application, and obtain quotes from several financiers. Compare their prices and terms to choose the most suitable lender.
- Do not go for temporary benefits. Smaller payments per month may seem attractive, but it means one has to pay unnecessary interest. It is always advisable to pt for shorter repayment term to get rid of the loan faster. Calculate the overall cost of the loan to get a better idea.
- Going to familiar lenders always helps. Likelihood of getting top rates on the person to person auto loan increases if the borrower approaches a lender with whom one has already worked with. So, build good relations with lenders to avail special benefits.
Buyers can grab a great deal on their automobile with private car financing. A reasonably good credit, substantial research about auto loan rates, and smart shopping can get one the best deal on the auto loan.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!
This entry was posted on Friday, June 25th, 2010 at 1:19 am and is filed under Business, Financial Planning, General. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.